2.1.11

Meatloaf Express


This is another one of my favorites that I learned to make here in Finland. This is so easy that I make this whenever. I hope you'll like it.
Difficulty: Easy



Mix together:

1 kilo of ground meat. ( you can use all chicken, or mixed with pork or beef)

1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup of croutons
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

TIP: The amount of ground meat depends on the size of your baking tins. I need about 1.2 kilos for the moulds I am using.



This is a regular 60 gms pack of onion soup powder.
Pour it over the meatloaf mixture.

No need to add salt. Just a bit of pepper.

For some who couldn't use MSG (monosodium glutamate) use instead:
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper







I have 2 similar silicon moulds here.











I lined the other one with bacon slices.

The other one, I brushed with vegetable oil and dust it generously with bread crumbs.











Line the moulds with a thin layer of the meat mixture, and lay the 6 minute eggs.













Then cover it with the rest of the mixture.

Place in a 200 degs C pre heated oven for about 25 mins.









Turn the meat loaf over a baking paper on a tray...




















... and put it back in the oven in 300 degs C for about 8 to 10 minutes



















Or until golden brown. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn.













Serves: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment